Managers are expected to train others, but what about their own needs?
One-size solutions may work for line staff, but offering options to experienced staff will lead to more enthusiasm and take-up. There are plenty of low-cost options – the training smorgasbord could include:
- Typing skills and speed – the ‘new basics’ of literacy – plenty of online course.
- Using spreadsheets to analyse costs and sales – the ‘new basics’ of finance and never more important
- Advanced use of POS and sales data – do your managers know how to use the best KPIs available? POS salespeople can help here…
- Understanding financial statements – Profit & Loss, Balance Sheets, Budgets etc
- Smart web searching: how to do advanced searches to find the most useful information
- Food photography for chefs (it’s much more than point and flash). Very useful now that there are so many ways to use photos for online promotions.
More business building tips? Click here…